Commercial Credit Analyst I or II
Location: Medford, Oregon
Post Date: May 27, 2021
Join Our Team!
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Competitive Pay with Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Sick pay
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Personal Mortgage Loan Financing Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement after one year of service
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This position is Monday through Friday, day shift, 8 hours per day.
The Credit Analyst I or II assists commercial lenders in credit analysis and credit approval packages. Perform analysis of financial statements and cash flows interpreting all types of credit and financial information in support of efforts to minimize risk and potential loss. Credit Analyst may assist lenders in preparing presentation materials for new and additional credit proposals. May help track credit package completion. Provide other tasks and responsibilities to support Sr. Credit Analyst and Credit Administration as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Credit Analyst I
- Performs analysis of financial statements and cashflows.
- Completes background portions of credit approval package.
- Prepares and presentation materials and reports for new and additional credit proposals.
- Works closely with commercial lender in order to determine financial picture and credit worthiness.
- May help track credit package completion.
- Provide excellent internal customer service, representing oneself in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Maintain knowledge of procedures and compliance requirements to ensure bank compliance in your areas of responsibility.
- Spread financial data and prepare cash flow models on business entities and individual(s)/guarantor(s) using bank software programs.
- Balance and certify borrower information, financial data and tax spreads for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist Loan Officer in interpretation of financial data, including ratio analysis, cash flow and margin analysis.
- Prepare written historical analysis for business entities and current financial status on individual borrower(s)/guarantors(s).
- Communicate with Loan Officers any credit challenges discovered as part of the financial analysis process and how it may affect credit decision and or existing relationship with borrowers.
- Identify and communicate with Loan Officer any cross-selling opportunities.
- Update spreads and cash flow upon receipt of new financials.
- Identify and address credit policy and procedure exceptions in the underwriting process.
- Assist loan officers with monitoring financial loan covenants for compliance.
- Assist with completion of formal annual reviews on designated commercial loans.
- Complete required compliance training within established time frames.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Credit Analyst II
- All duties listed above.
- Independently researches and analyzes company and industry data.
- May recommend loan terms and/or pricing structures to commercial lender.
Skills and Abilities required:
- Financial credit underwriting skills, knowledgeable about regulatory and compliance laws and procedures.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop rapport with people.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Willingness to support commercial production efforts to achieve bank growth goals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Credit Analyst I: Three (3) years of experience in the financial industry.
Credit Analyst II: Three to five (3-5) years of experience in financial industry.
- Both positions require demonstrated aptitude for interpreting and understanding financial and accounting information.
- Accounting and financial analysis skills as developed through a combination of BA degree and work experience. College degree in accounting, finance or business management or related field preferred; will consider successful completion of high school diploma or GED combined with commensurate work experience.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and strong familiarity with Excel plus ten-key calculator.
How to apply:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact the Human Resources department at (541) 494-4368.
Those selected must be able to provide proof of legal right to work in this country. Hiring will be subject to criminal history background check, credit check, drug screen and references.
Contact from interested candidates only, please. No contact from recruiters, agencies, or consultants.
People’s Bank of Commerce is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V