Who We Are
Willamette Community Bank is only as strong as the communities in which we do business. As a responsible institution, we invest in the communities where we operate and ensure that our resources make a positive impact. In everything we do, we strive to be a good corporate citizen, leading with charitable giving and encouraging all employees to volunteer for the charities of their choice. We are all committed to helping make the communities we serve better places to work and live.
If you would like to join in helping serve our communities or know of a cause that may need our support, please e-mail us. We’d love to hear from you and discuss the opportunities we have to partner together and make a difference. Below are several of the programs we currently support.
Support Our Troops
- Operation Santa—Christmas gifts to U.S. troops in combat zones.
- Ag Appreciation Breakfast—a breakfast held once a year in Albany to honor the local Willamette Valley Ag Producers.
- Linn County 4-H Auction—auction to raise money for 4-H in Linn County.
- Oregon Dairy Women—promotes women in the dairy industry.
- Oregon Women for Ag—farmwomen in the Willamette Valley who educate the public about the importance of agriculture to the environment and economy.
- Relay for Life—sponsor a team in a 24-hour relay to support those with cancer, survivors of cancer, and remember loved ones lost to cancer.
- Walk for the Cause—create a team to walk a 5k to raise money for breast cancer research.
- Albany Hospital Foundation—receives and utilizes donations to help Albany General Hospital improve health care in the Albany community.
- Albany Boys and Girls Club—a safe place for kids to go for homework help and recreation.
- Altrusa—international organization of women and men who volunteer in projects dedicated to community development.
- CASA—CASA volunteers are appointed by judges to watch over and advocate for abused and neglected children.
- Community After School Program—a program that provides childcare to elementary school children in the Greater Albany School District.
- Foster Children Christmas Sponsorship—purchase new and unwrapped gifts for foster children.
- Pop Warner Football—nonprofit organization that provides youth football and cheerleading programs.
- The Greater Santiam Boys and Girls Club—organization that coordinates the Boys and Girls Clubs in the Greater Santiam District.
- Toys for Tots—donate new, unopened toys for children with parents who are unable to afford toys. Hosted by U.S. Marine Corps.
- Albany Partnership for Housing—helps families in need find and connect with community resources.
- First-Time Homebuyers Seminars—our mortgage lender teaches classes at the local community college to first-time homebuyers, coaching them on the ins and outs of home buying.
- Habitat for Humanity—find volunteers to help build houses for those in poverty and homeless.
- Willamette Valley Homebuilders—nonprofit trade association comprised of homebuilders, as well as other professions related to the home building field, servings as a unified voice for the home building industry and housing consumers.
Other Local Programs
- Albany Downtown Association—committees that work to maintain the historical beauty and restoration of downtown Albany.
- Albany and Lebanon Chamber of Commerce—promotes local businesses and community.
- United Way Day of Caring—teams work on community projects for beautification and restoration.